mercredi 5 septembre 2012

Conventions before the presidential election

Last week the republican's convention took place in Tampa, Florida ; this week it's the turn of the democrat's convention in Charlotte, North Carolina. It's a big event, very spectacular, both are settling in swing states.
Mitt Romney is a multimillionair who owmes an equity fund, Bain Kapital, he is also a mormon. It means that he is very conservative on social issues ; one of the republican explained that if a woman is pregnant after a rape, it's because she was consentant... Clint Eastwood had a show on the Republican convention, he explains why he supports Romney by using his actor's talents.
Yesterday it was the turn of Michelle Obama to talk in front of a bunch of people in Charlotte. She explained what his husband have accomplished yet. The Obama Care plan is one of this big issue ; now a health insurance can no more push you away if you have a disease like cancer or a disabled child who need expensive health exams, it means before it was possible, it is crazy I know...
In both conventions, patriotism matters, the american flag is everywhere. Each speach ends by "God bless you, God bless America".

1 commentaire:

  1. Hi mates, I am a fan of that big Obama man. Politics views aside, I became artistically attracted as I saw him dance on a groovy music in the famous The Ellen Degeneres Show (1). So, about a year ago I decided to make my own tribute to Obama. I wanted to use his 2008's race speech (2) that I easily could find on the web in .mp3 format. I selected the parts I wanted and made http://soundcloud.com/ulrick/future-generations-leave-the A bientôt mes amis.

    (1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsWpvkLCvu4
    (2): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_9al4IQOhk

    RépondreSupprimer