mercredi 17 octobre 2012

The food, a big issue in America...

I was in a supermarket, where you need to have a membership to purchase goods, with my friend Petra and each time I choose something she was telling me "are you sure you want "light" yogurt?" because here it means with fake sugar ; "are you sure you want this chicken because if it's so cheap it must be with OGM"... So I listened to her advice and changed my mind... Anyway in this "private" supermarket, you have acces to healthier food and to french brand cheese (like Roquefort and President) at  affordable prices.
During election day 6th of november, there will have some referundums in some states. In California, the proposition 37 will ask if genetically modified food require a label to inform customers. Until now, lobbying from food corporations escaped it in this country. So you don't know if you buy an OGM product or not. I miss France for that...
I hope Californians will be clever about that matter, it could change the food world here.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire